Remembrance Trail France CWGC - The Forgotten Front
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission is embarking on a large information programme to give visitors to its cemeteries in France a clearer idea of what took place on the battlefields of the First World War. Around 500 information panels are being installed in the cemeteries to explain the military conflict and what the fighting was like in the surrounding area.
Some of the new information panels will be linked by a theme so that visitors can follow a trail. The first trail The Forgotten Front Remembrance Trail (Pas de Calais) is already in place.
The Forgotten Front Remembrance Trail covers approximately 30 kms and visits the following locations.
- Gorre British and Indian Cemetery
- Post Office Rifles Cemetery, Festubert
- Le Touret Memorial and Military Cemetery
- St. Vaast Post Military Cemetery, Richebourg-L'avoue
- Neuve-Chapelle Memorial
- Laventie Military Cemetery, La Gorgue
- Rue-Petillon Military Cemetery, Fleurbaix
- Le Trou Aid Post Cemetery, Fleurbaix
- V.C. Corner Australian Cemetery and Memorial, Fromelles
- Fromelles (Pheasant Wood) Military Cemetery
This page was added on 01 November 2012.