Church of the Holy Rude in Stirling
The Church of the Holy Rude in Stirling is a medieval church with almost 600 years of history. It is the second oldest building in Stirling. In 1567 the coronation of James VI took place in the church. The tower of the church was used in 1651 by General Monk's Cromwellian army as a gun emplacement to attack Stirling castle. The church has been Roman Catholic, Protestant, Episcopalian and Presbyterian and is today a congregation of the Church of Scotland.